- Information About Me
This Site is owned andoperated by Alan Blumlein.
Registered address: 14 The Street, Stedham, GU29 0NQ, United Kingdom
Email address: email@example.com
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 9 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact me using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I hold. Please contact me using the details in Part 10 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if I am relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to me directly, I amusing it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about my use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact me using the details provided in Part 10.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data I hold about you changes, please keep me informed as long as I have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about my use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns myself, however, so please contact mefirst, using the details in Part 10.
- What Personal Data Do You Collect and How?
Subject to the following, I do not collect any personal data from you. Ido not place cookies on your computer or device, nor do I use any other means of data collection.
Mysite collects certain information automatically, including your IP address, the type of browser you are using and certain other non-personal data about your computer or device such as your operating system type or version, and display resolution.
If you send mean email, I may collect your name, your email address, and any other information which you choose to give me. For the purposes of the Data Protection Legislation, I am the data controller responsible for such personal data.
The lawful basis under the Data Protection Legislation that allows me to use such information is article 6(1)(f) of the GDPR which allows me to process personal data when it is necessary for the purposes of my legitimate interests, in this case, the proper operation and functionality of My Site. If you contact me as described above, you will be required to consent to my use of your personal data to contact you. In this case, my lawful basis for using your personal data will be article 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, which allows me to use your personal data with your consent for a particular purpose or purposes.
- How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Where I collect any personal data, it will be processed and stored securely, for no longer than is necessary in light of the reason(s) for which it was first collected. I will comply with my obligations and safeguard your rights under the Data Protection Legislation at all times. For more details on security see Part 7, below.
As stated above, I do not generally collect any personal data directly from you, but if you contact me and I obtain your personal details from your email, I may use them to respond to your email. The other technical data referred to above is necessary for the technical operation of My Site.
Any and all emails containing your personal data will not be retained for any longer than is necessary.
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes other than storage on an email and/or web hosting server.
- How and Where Do You Store My Data?
I will only store your personal datain the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
Iwill not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes.
- How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask mefor details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 10.
- How Do I Contact You?
To contact me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Postal Address: As in the registered address in Section 1 of this document.
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes.